[DGD] Remote editing and what ColdCore does

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 31 00:14:23 CET 2004

--- Keith Dunwoody <keithdunwoody at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Although ColdCore is much more featureful
> than the DGD
> kernel library... including a web server, rooms,
> OLC,

  Yep.  Looked closer to Phantasmal (plus a bit) in
terms of capabilities than the Kernel Library.
Phantasmal's editor isn't great, but it *does* at
least provide a somewhat more familiar interface that
the regular editor.  Not more editorlike, but more
familiar.

> However, it also supports some
> MOO editing protocol, which can (apparently) talk
> with
> emacs, for example.

  Ah.  I'm guessing that'd be MCP.  It's a very good
idea.  When I finally get terminal support happening
properly, I expect I'll add that to Phantasmal as well
-- it's pretty easy, and *any* GUI editor for building
would be a good thing.

=====
------
noah_gibbs at yahoo.com