[DGD] Connection problems.....

dannic at orpgs.com dannic at orpgs.com
Wed Mar 10 05:00:34 CET 2004

Quoting Stephen Schmidt <schmidsj at union.edu>:

>Doing a
> TMI-2 port to DGD would make sense if you had a TMI-2 lib
> you needed to get off of a MudOS driver, but not otherwise.
> And if you're willing to keep the old lib, why not the old
> driver as well?
>
> Steve/Moby

The main reason people ask me if there is a port to dgd of TMI is because they
want to run DGD in windows mode and learn to code on their own without having
to set up cgywin or a unix box.  I may one day get around to it but I dont' see
it in the forseeable future just because of the fact I have absolutely no free
time to spare which isn't already committed.  However by the time I can find
time to work on it there may very well be a better alternative for someone who
wants to start out with a working basic mud that has all of the basics one
might find in a mud.  Something which melville provides a ground work for but
doesn't actually provide as part of the lib.

Either way.  Its an idea I had originally looked into several years ago and
somethign I've had on the back burner for awhile.  It still sits there and
smolders.  If I can ever manage to find some extra free time(not any time soon)
I may revisit the idea.  Till then its plug away at karealia in my spare time.