[DGD] Possible KernalLib Bug.

Steven Brooker immortius at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 01:29:46 CET 2004

While mucking around building a Mudlib ontop of the
kernel lib, I believe I have discovered a bug in the
experimental branch of DGD (v1.2.86).

As soon as you create and set an objectd, all files
outside of /kernel/ and /usr/System/ will not compile
- the error is "Runtime error: Bad argument 1 for kfun
sscanf [caught]".  A bit of investigation shows that
this is caused when the objectd's path_special()
function returns nil - after the driver calls
path_special(), it calls access() in Kernel's accessd,
tring to see if the compiling file has access to the
path returned by path_special().  access() then
immediately tries to sscanf the nil value and causes
the Runtime error.

I say this is a possible bug, because it is easy to
fix by making path_special() return "" instead.  But I
would have thought the default behaviour when nil is
returned would be to not include anything special and
to still work. :P But I could be entirely wrong.

-- Immortius