[DGD] Aliases & Stacked commands

Michael McKiel crashnbrn71 at yahoo.ca
Wed Mar 24 21:42:23 CET 2004

 --- Par Winzell <zell at skotos.net> wrote:
> I certainly agree that a living object should not depend on having a
> connected user for any of its in-world actions. In Skotos we separated
> commands and actions entirely -- commands belong to the text interface
> layer, actions are in the virtual world. Commands cause actions. NPC
> brains cause actions.

Shoulda asked in my last reply :P but anyways...
I'm not sure I get the command/action distinction as defined by Skotos.

As I previously stated, any object can potentially try to do a given command,
and for most cases will be able to, non-livings limited to souls & 'talking'
commands. And mobiles restricted from wiz-commands (that might change but
don't think it should be needed.)

Isn't the action(if we exclude wizard commands) primarily the message
displayed from a given command, or a movement of one object into another, ie:
   get/give/drop, move to another room, etc.

Or does skotos make some other distinction that I am missing?