[DGD] Aliases & Stacked commands

Michael McKiel crashnbrn71 at yahoo.ca
Wed Mar 24 22:43:53 CET 2004

 --- Bart van Leeuwen <bart at wotf.org> wrote: > Well, I am not too familiar
with Skotos, but I think I understand this
> specific part quite well since the idea is the same as what I am doing,
> but the implementation seems rather different.
>
> Anyway... lets try..
>
> Commands:
> This is what a person behind a terminal types (or sends with a browser or
> such depending on your user interface, by any means, they are the way
> for a user to tell the system to do something)
>
> Actions:
> When a player gives a command, this will often result in his 'body'
> performing actions. Any 'living' and 'interactive object' can perform
> actions in the LPMUD world, I do not know how that applies to Skotos.
>
> So, the distinction is that actions are an in-game thing, and very similar
> to what you are refering to as 'commands' in your post. Commands are what
> a player sends to the system which may result in one or more actions.

Just a matter of syntax then hehe, I use the kernel in essence so that all
passes thru receive_message() and every in-game object inherits
common/thing.c
receive_message() will pass to do_command() or an input_to object (though
again with stacked commands I might have to change that implementation :P)

For any non-connection object, if they call the function action("string")
that sends "string" off to thing.c's receive_message() to be processed and
potentially turned into a command/which would cause an 'action'.

So I think we're all on the same page, just different implementations of a
similiar thing...