[DGD] Telnet Echo / Carriage Returns

Thomas Rice thomas.rice at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 08:09:46 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to build on the Kernel Lib and am trying to modify how the
MUD treats my input when I telnet in and press enter.

At the moment, after I press enter the cursor goes to the beginning of
the line (but not down one) and then any response to what I typed is
written over the same text.

This happens with the Kernel lib I downloaded, as well as the
Phantasmal lib I downloaded, but doesn't happen with the Gurba lib,
but I haven't been able to figure out how to change it.

I imagine it might have something to do with some telnet setting? I'd
rather not just add some code to print a carriage return after
receiving input from the user, as there's a slight delay in getting
this back from lag whereas on the Gurba lib, for example, it just
happens automatically (locally I think).

Anyone have any suggestions? :)

Thanks,

Thomas.