[DGD] Clonables versus Inheritables

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 08:24:01 CEST 2005

  Necessary for runtime compilation, actually.  Or at least, for full upgrade.

  DGD has a restriction that you basically can't upgrade a class that is both
cloned (like, has clones of it) and inherited from.  The DGD Kernel Library
handles this by preventing you from ever making a clone or an instance of
anything with "/lib/" in the path, thus rendering it inheritable but
non-instantiable and non-clonable.