[DGD] Command Finders

Manzell Blakeley manzell at reaxion.org
Tue May 10 03:29:02 CEST 2005

Hello,
I've been a long time LP/MudOS coder type, and we've just recently
decided to switch over to DGD.  Mostly, because although our library has
many, many, outstanding features, it's become so bloated that it would
take more work to strip it down than it would be to try to port the
functionality we like into DGD.

So, anywho, the first task for us (me) is a command finder.  I'm
wondering about the best option to place this is (I still am shaky on
the "body" concept and the order of inheritance goes).  My first
intuiting is to hijack process_command() in /usr/game/obj/user.c; which
can be made workable, but not workable for NPC's who we'd like to at
least have access to the same commands in a universal way.

lastly, an additional concern is having something reminiscent of
this_player().  we could always pass the calling object around, but
this_player() has always been good to us :)

 - MRB