[DGD] newbie question. :(

Billie Kennedy dannic06 at gmail.com
Sun May 29 02:15:01 CEST 2005

Generally, you will not be able to type in your static ip and get your
box from home when you are dealing with cable or dsl.  You should be
able to type in the private ip of your box though and actually get the
right thing.  You may also have to deal with firewall settings on your
modem if you are on cable/dsl.

just use localhost from your box.  if you want others to log in you
will have to have them use the ip of your modem.

On 5/28/05, Nihil Administration <nihil.mud at gmail.com> wrote:
> i'm a DGD n00b, but actively trying to educate myself.  I read through
> Noah Gibbs' docs several times and installed myself a copy of DGD &
> Phantasmal on Cygwin [XP] with no problems.  I can login and start
> coding if I want, which is great.  But the problem is I am unable to
> telnet to my own computer [I can use localhost, but not my IP].  I
> have no firewall installed on my PC and i've deactivated Windows
> Firewall. Where am I going wrong?  I was able to telnet to my own
> address with LDMud fine so I'm wondering if there I screwed up
> something while configuring DGD.  I can't telnet to an instance of the
> kernel lib either.  And nobody else can either.  God I hope this made
> sense.  Thanks in advance for any help your brilliant minds can loan.
>
> Tem at Nihil

Come join the fun at:

http://www.orpgs.com