[DGD] call_other() and static functions

Petter Nyström md1pette at mdstud.chalmers.se
Mon Nov 28 21:53:01 CET 2005

As I have understood things, call_other() is the only way to call a
function. Correct?

To write foo->bar() is just syntactic sugar for call_other(foo, "bar") .
So I then assume that just bar() would be syntactic sugar for
call_other(this_object(), "bar") ?

My documentation (which could be outdated) tells me that static means "The
function can only be called from within the same object," which I think I
am doing. I am running DGD 1.2.112.

Thanks,

Jimorie