[DGD] call_other() and static functions

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 22:23:01 CET 2005

--- Petter Nyström <md1pette at mdstud.chalmers.se> wrote:
> As I have understood things, call_other() is the only way to
> call a
> function. Correct?

  Nope.  A local function call has slightly different semantics than
call_other(this_object(), "funcname").  Also, there's call_out(), which is
another fine way to call a function which is different from call_other().

> My documentation (which could be outdated) tells me
> that static means "The
> function can only be called from within the same
> object," which I think I
> am doing. I am running DGD 1.2.112.

  Yup.  And if you use a local function call, it'll work fine.  I'm just not
sure it'll work with call_other().  Try it with the local version.