[DGD] call_other() and static functions

Petter Nyström md1pette at mdstud.chalmers.se
Mon Nov 28 22:35:01 CET 2005

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Noah Gibbs wrote:

>  There's also one additional factor you're not taking into account.  Static
> functions of the auto object are treated as efuns, and have slightly different
> behavior than static functions for any other parent object.

That is interesting... I didn't know that. It sounds likely to be the
stone I've dug into here. Is there documented somewhere what it means for
a function to be treated as an efun? (Damn, I thought efun was an LPMUD
term and not something I'd run across in DGD.)

> Just in case you thought you nearly had it figured out :-)

Well... Ever so slowly you know! Thanks for helping me along. =)

Regards,

Jimorie