[DGD] IAC GA

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 22:36:01 CEST 2005

  The problem with just writing out the appropriate characters to the telnet
port is that a DGD telnet port filters out control characters, including telnet
control characters, for security reasons.

  You can implement your own telnet port in LPC (Phantasmal does this, and
controls its own IAC GA handling) over a binary port, or you can alter the
driver source.

  In the specific case you cite, you should probably see what the driver's
current behavior regarding IAC GA is, and whether you can get it to do what you
want without altering that behavior.