[DGD] Another "Melville" problem, or possibly DGD

Dan Bentley diskmaster at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 14 05:42:01 CEST 2006

> -----Original Message-----
> From: dgd-admin at dworkin.nl [mailto:dgd-admin at dworkin.nl] On
> Behalf Of Stephen Schmidt
> Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:59 PM
> To: dgd at dworkin.nl
> Subject: Re: [DGD] Another "Melville" problem, or possibly DGD
>
> Not exactly a coincidence, that  :)
>
> Steve

yeah I kinda figured as I started digging more and more into it XD

I'm greatful people are still willing to help at least a little... I'm not
asking people to do the work for me, far from it, but it's been many many
years since I delved into LPC, and I've never really known any other forms
of C, so I'm running myself through a crash course refresher here.

Phantasmal looks very nice for what it is, which seems to be something akin
to the Diku's, but that's just much more strict structure than I'm going
for.

In the end, what I've come up with, is that I'm going to start with
Melville, and be rewriting large chunks of it in order to repair bugs,
modularize and modernize it further, add a bit of that Diku standardization
in, but keep the TMI flexibility (Lima anyone? Lol)

My current timeline with the plans I have and my schedule, put this at about
a 4 month project to get the new, barebones Lib constructed, presuming of
course all goes smoothly.

Thankfully, the Melville code is very clean and well documented in most
cases :D

Cheers!
--Dan B.