[DGD] Dworkin's mudlib

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Thu Dec 7 03:09:37 CET 2006

"Mikael Lind" <mikkelin at gmail.com> wrote:

> IIRC, Dworkin was working on a mudlib (beyond the Kernel Library) for
> DGD. I am curious about the status of this project. Can anyone fill me
> in? Under what terms will it be released? What features will it have?
> I cannot recall having read much beyond storing source code inside the
> mud state, and using LWOs for some game objects where persistent
> objects are traditionally used in other mudlibs. I am curious to hear
> more about this project, even if it is work in progress.

The project is currently dormant, and you've summed up the main features
quite well.  It would be released -- whenever that happens -- into the
public domain.

I would like to see it become an extended toolset for rapid development,
rather than what is traditionally considered a mudlib.  A custom Java
client would be included.

I haven't mentioned it much, and I don't intend to; mainly the subject
has come up in discussions about mudlib design, of which we've had too
few on this mailing list :-)