[DGD] DGD based game opened for playtesting

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Thu Dec 28 14:13:53 CET 2006

Hello DGDers,

After more then 3 years of development, Way Of The Force has opened for
'public' playtesting.

What is it?

WOTF is a mud, based on a scifi universe that has strong similarities to Starwars.

WOTF is in many aspects a traditional 'hack and slash' style mud, with area
code very similar to what you'd expect in a traditional lpmud style game.

While it offers persistant storage, it does not offer a fully persistant
world, specifically, lpmud style resets happen.

WOTF is based on our own DGD kernel, and a reimplementation of the mudlib of
an ancient lpmud (KobraMUD, still reachable at kobramud.org port 23) on top of
it. The project is a result of a conflict on this old mud, and a desire of the
founders of WOTF to keep running and developing their own code.

While its lib is a reimplementation of the old KobraMUD lib, it offers many
new features, and a completely redesigned combat system.

Currently there are 6 areas, which offer playing possibilities for players
upto level 25. A dedicated playground and various newbie friendly areas exist.

For now we are testing the combat system and the robustness of our lib. We are
specifically looking for people who want to playtest. Coders are also welcome,
but as things stand, we require coders to be very familiar with both DGD and
the original mudlib from KobraMUD.

WOTF can be reached at wotf.org port 23

Bart

aka aidil at wotf.org