[DGD] Object Manager missing some objects

Neil McBride sarak at castinian.org
Fri Feb 3 13:11:02 CET 2006

Hi all,

I've been writing a new object manager (again) for myself and I now have
it to a point at where I think it should be at least tracking all of the
objects in the lib.  I'm using the kernel mudlib, am using a similar
method to Noah's Phantasmal lib to initialise the object when the system
starts, am adding TELNET_CONN, BINARY_CONN, DRIVER and AUTO in manually as
the objregd method doesn't know of them, and I still seem to be missing a
couple of objects.  Once it's finished starting up, I log in and run a
command that calls a simple  report() function in the object manager and I
get the following: -

     status() reports 63 objects.
     The issues array contains 56 entries.
     There are 14 libraries, 35 non-libraries and 7 clones.

As you can see, I'm 7 objects short of what status() is telling me exist.
Is there any way to find out what objects DGD knows about - either compile
time flags or otherwise?  Or is there some other explanation for why I
can't match the 63 objects that it knows about?

Thanks,

Neil.