[DGD] Object Manager missing some objects

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Fri Feb 3 14:23:02 CET 2006

"Neil McBride" <sarak at castinian.org> wrote:

>[...]
>      status() reports 63 objects.
>      The issues array contains 56 entries.
>      There are 14 libraries, 35 non-libraries and 7 clones.
>
> As you can see, I'm 7 objects short of what status() is telling me exist.
> Is there any way to find out what objects DGD knows about - either compile
> time flags or otherwise?  Or is there some other explanation for why I
> can't match the 63 objects that it knows about?

There are a few cases where DGD may be using more objects than the
mudlib can keep track of.  When an object is destructed, the object
slot will remain in use until the end of the execution round.  And
when a cloned object is upgraded, it may not be possible to upgrade
all clones instantly, since some of them might be swapped out.  In that
case, DGD will silently allocate an object slot to keep track of
conversion information, which will be discarded when the last clone
is upgraded, or immediately after restarting from a state dump (in
which case all clones have been upgraded).

The kernel library also keeps track of objects to the best of its
ability.  If your own number of objects information does not match
the output of the "rsrc" command, something is wrong in your mudlib.