[DGD] DGD 1.2.105 VS2005 Crash

Gary Preston muphicks at mups.co.uk
Tue Jun 6 14:01:01 CEST 2006

Felix A. Croes wrote:
>> crash. Replacing the compiled dgd.exe with the 1.2p4 pre-compiled
>> version from the ftp server and it works fine. (Not same
>> crash occurs
>> when I compile from 1.2p4 source)
>
> But some other crash?

Sorry about the confusion, I've no idea why I typed "not". I get a
crash in both release and debug builds. I'm not certain if they're
both occuring at _exactly_ the same place, however they do both occur
due to the same interface actions. EG Loading config then selecting start.

> "Dan Bentley" <diskmaster at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think I caused a bit of confusion by mistake.
>>
>> The OP, Gary, was using regular VS2005.
>
> There are many different VS2005 editions.  Not all of them include
> nafxcw.lib.  Gary is the one who reported that he "had to" define
> _AFXDLL to get DGD to compile, presumably because he was missing
> that file.

I was attempting to compile with VS2005 pro. The release version will
compile without error (EG without needing _AFXDLL and /MD) but
crashes. So I tried to compile a debug build to see where the crash
might be occurring, however, the debug build fails with a linker error
(see below).

The file nafxcw.lib is present on both the VS2003 and VS2005 machines

The debug build however will not link and gives the following error
(just to be clear, this error only occurs with the debug build,
release builds fine; although crashes as stated previously)

1>Linking...

1>alloc.obj : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to
'/INCREMENTAL:NO' specification

1>nafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl operator
delete(void *)" (??3 at YAXPAX@Z) already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(dbgdel.obj)

1>.\Debug\dgd.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined
symbols found

Note: Both release and debug build and run fine when I tried it using
VS2003.net

Thanks for the help so far.

Gary

- --
Gary Preston - GPG Info
* Key: http://www.figmentgames.com/gpgkey.asc
* FingerPrint: 82FE 3844 AAD7 BAA2 049B 0189 08C5 DE40 9264 9F04

Recommended Web and Domain Registrars
* Web hosting by http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?166408
* Domain hosting by http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=10422270