[DGD] DGD 1.2.105 VS2005 Crash

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Tue Jun 6 14:43:01 CEST 2006

Gary Preston <muphicks at mups.co.uk> wrote:

>[...]
> I was attempting to compile with VS2005 pro. The release version will
> compile without error (EG without needing _AFXDLL and /MD) but
> crashes. So I tried to compile a debug build to see where the crash
> might be occurring, however, the debug build fails with a linker error
> (see below).
>
> The file nafxcw.lib is present on both the VS2003 and VS2005 machines
>
> The debug build however will not link and gives the following error
> (just to be clear, this error only occurs with the debug build,
> release builds fine; although crashes as stated previously)
>
> 1>Linking...
>
> 1>alloc.obj : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to
> '/INCREMENTAL:NO' specification
>
> 1>nafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl operator
> delete(void *)" (??3 at YAXPAX@Z) already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(dbgdel.obj)

So I guessed wrong regarding why you attempted to define _AFXDLL and
use /MD, though nafxcwd.lib still appears to be involved.

Unfortunately, all I have is VS2005 Express, and I cannot compile DGD
with that edition at all.  Earlier minimal editions of Visual Studio
have had the same problem; nafxcwd.lib is not included.  All I can do
at this point is recommend using the edition of Visual Studio that
works for you.