[DGD] Commercial question

Rutseg Hammerstone rutsegmp at yahoo.es
Wed Mar 29 19:22:01 CEST 2006

 --- Jesse Garrison <jgarriso at gmail.com> escribió:

> I would take that line to mean that obvious work
> arounds to the
> no-donations rule such as selling t-shirts or other
> merchandise with
> your MUD's name on it to help cover server costs is
> also illegal
> without a commercial license.
>
> Of course the first bit about, "any form of
> income...regardless of
> profit." would seem to also forbid selling anything
> related to your
> MUD even at cost. So that also means loosing
> advertising in that
> regard. Not that many MUDs use that, but I've played
> on some that do.

I was amazed about that one. You are saying only
because I've created a MUD related I can't sell the
image of my fantasy-world?
I can't sell t-shirts or even write books for sell
based on Eirea world only because I've spend tones of
years writting the code of a MUD that occurs in that
original world?
I think I have not understood something or you are
mixing world image rights with MUD service and code
rights.

Atentamente,

Rutseg Martillo de Piedra