[DGD] Object finding (this is weird)

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Thu May 18 19:39:02 CEST 2006

Shentino <shentino at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nope, I'm simply searching the filesystem and objregd.  I'm pretty
> sure this is a bug, since I'm not tampering with the resource counter,
> I haven't destructed any objects, and this is during initialization so
> there are no connections to even worry about.
>
> this anomaly actually shows up before ~System/initd even begins to run
> if I remember correctly.

It should be a little more complicated than that, since the following
initd.c code shows the number of objects to be the same at that point:

    # include <kernel/kernel.h>
    # include <kernel/rsrc.h>
    # include <status.h>

    inherit rsrc "/kernel/lib/api/rsrc";

    void create()
    {
	rsrc::create();
	DRIVER->message("status: " + status()[ST_NOBJECTS] + "\n");
	DRIVER->message("rsrc:   " + rsrc::query_rsrc("objects")[RSRC_USAGE] +
			"\n");
    }