[DGD] Idea for copyrighted yet publicly usable mudlibs

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 16:12:37 CEST 2006

  This is fundamentally just a closed-source but publicly usable lib.  Which is
fine, but it's basically just that you're compiling it for DGD rather than,
say, x86.  Your suggestion of making it partially closed-source has also been
done.

  That's not saying it's a bad idea.  It could be a good idea for the right
people.  But yeah, this is a lot like the 'security' of releasing your MUDlib
precompiled to x86, and has a lot of the same pitfalls.