[DGD] Annoying n00b questions

chris . psych_mayo at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 12:45:21 CEST 2007

There is an ansi patch for 1.2, it is the 'ansi-diffs' file, in the folder
for 1.2 patches.  Upgrade version 1.2 with your patches, than do DGD up to
1.2p4 or latest experimental.

For regexp, just so happens i posted about that recently, and i have an
explode based afun in the works.  'int *find_in_str(string search, string
str)'
It returns an array, with each value corresponding to the string location of
the first letter of a match.
I did this, so that sizeof(find_in_str(x,x)) would contain one useful value,
while find_in_str(x,x)[i] would contain another.
I will post my find_in_str here sometime this week - was actually working on
it for first time in awhile last night before i read this post.

I think you are after a 'calc' command.  something like
'? find_player("blah")->move_object("blahblah")'
I have seen this done on lpmuds, it should not be hard at all to implement a
wiz command.  I have one on an old mudos driver and a lib based on
2.4.5...send me an email if thats helpful, and ill send it over.

For the last question, from what i read, seems like i use similar
conventions myself.  I dont have any issues except for the ones i introduce
myself;-)