[DGD] Annoying n00b questions

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 26 03:26:26 CEST 2007

  ANSI:  you can adapt the ANSI patch, it's not tough.  Alternately, you can do
what Phantasmal (my MUDlib) does and use the binary port and implement your own
telnet protocol.  It's not too tough, especially since Phantasmal is public
domain, so you can just steal it.

  The Kernel library has a "code" command that lets you do the evaluation on
the fly.  Phantasmal has the same thing, aliased.  It's pretty easy to compile
DGD objects on the fly, so code evaluation usually does that.  Put an object
together with the appropriate chunk of code in a known function name.  Compile
the object, make the object, call the function on the object.  Boom, the code
gets run.  DGD compiles fast, so don't worry about the delay.