[DGD] Spam

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Mon Dec 17 13:14:29 CET 2007

The DGD mailing list has forwarded its first spam email message.

The message looks like it might be genuine, even though its headers
are faked.  It was sent through outmail001.sctm.tfbnw.net, which is
from a domain (tfbnw.net) registered in the same name as facebook.com.
"Blake Arnold" appears to be a genuine person who has been subscribed
to the mailing list for a long time.  Of course, I have no way to tell
if the message (sent to dgd at dworkin.nl and dgd-request at dworkin.nl)
actually came from him.

Policy disclosure: I have a very low tolerance for spam.  "Blake
Arnold" has been unsubscribed to protect the mailing list, though he
will be allowed to resubscribe.  To prevent future mishaps, any email
with "facebookmail.com" in the header will be automatically discarded.