[DGD] Stack based security and DGD kernel library

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Thu Jul 5 13:53:26 CEST 2007

Carter Cheng <carter_cheng at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I apologize if this is another newbie-like question
> but does the kernel lib support stack based security
> and if so why/why not? I noticed for example two mudos
> libraries support this idea LIMA/DS2 and I am curious
> what the issues are.

The kernel library uses an independently developed system of file
security.  To summarize, users only have write access to their own
directory.  They can be granted additional access, which will not
apply to the objects they create, whose access will still be
restricted to their own directory.  Objects in ~System have
global access.  Nothing, not even System objects, has write access
to /kernel.