[DGD] Sending telnet KEEPALIVE packets

Kurt Nordstrom kurt at blar.net
Sat Jul 21 19:13:18 CEST 2007

>> - Assuming I can send it with the driver, how would I specify this
>> sequence in LPC?  Is there an escape code for it?
>
> DGD cannot send it.  Of course, you're free to modify comm.c to send
> periodical IAC NOPs; hopefully, not too many clients will crash as a
> result.

Ok, so by this do you mean that, even if I open the comm.c to allow the
IAC NOP to be sent, there's no LPC string that I can send from within DGD
to represent this?

Assuming that I want keepalive to be an 'opt-in' sort of thing, I guess
I'd have to add an actual function in the C driver to send a keepalive to
a telnet connection, that could be called from within the game?