[DGD] A new Phantasmal Issue

Erwin Harte harte at is-here.com
Fri Jun 22 21:16:23 CEST 2007

Kurt Nordstrom wrote:
> Thanks to Felix and Noah for the help on the driver issue.  I'll likely
> recompile my kernel to support IPV6 in the future, but for now,
> recompiling DGD did the trick.
>
> So now there's a new issue, this looks like something with the mudlib.
> Perhaps the error lies in my configuration?

It looks to me like the problem is with the Phantasmal lib not having updated
since the changes for DGD 1.2.126, which introduced include_file() and made
path_include() obsolete.

 From the 125-126 changelog:

+  - Improved errorhandling in the extension interface.
+  - In the driver object, replace path_include() by include_file(), which can
+    return either a path or an array of strings for the include file itself.
+  - Prevent a spurious "Mapping too large to grow" error.

The change for 125 also included some changes that require the kernel-lib
using code to adapt.

Two immediate options come to mind:

1. Stick to 124 and wait for Noah to create a new version of Phantasmal, or
2. Make the relevant changes to Phantasmal yourself and pass the diffs on to
    him.

The changes aren't too difficult, especially if you don't have an existing
statedump to worry about.

Hope that helps,

Erwin.