[DGD] Letting the players code stuff

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 20:01:10 CEST 2007

I'll throw in my two cents and chalk up malicious "OOM" type crashes
as just one of those pesky "acts of gremlin" that are easily remedied
by keeping a decent backup schedule.

Keeping track of memory used by arrays, mappings, and LWOs would IMHO
be a major PITA on account of reference counting issues internal to
DGD.

If you want to be super paranoid, you should probably limit the number
of times a new array/mapping is created (don't forget about arr + arr,
arr[x .. y], etc...), and reset this when the object is audited by
examining its data.  I dunno of anything better that would also
respect DGD's byref semantics.