[DGD] Some strange newbie questions.

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 14:22:13 CET 2007

  DGD itself has no trouble with nonstandard characters of any kind, but for
some of them you'll need to use a binary port rather than a telnet port.  The
problem is that DGD's default telnet protocol filters out things that may
confuse English-language telnet/MUD clients.

  So you may need to use a binary port and implement your own basic telnet
protocol.  My own MUD library, Phantasmal, does this.  It's public domain, so
you're welcome to build on it or just take the pieces you need.