[DGD] ownership

chris . psych_mayo at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 3 07:27:39 CET 2007

Any object under the /System/ path should be able to destroy other objects,
unless they were created in the kernel.  Is that right?
I am trying to destruct inbound connections based on their ip.  I thought that
the best place to do this would be the query_banner function in telnetd.
Although telnetd is in the /System/ path, it cannot destruct the connection
object passed into query_banner.  I am looking for a means to do this without
writing to the  kernel library, for obvious reasons.  Should i stick with the patch
to kernel lib, or is there a means to give permission to destruct.
A thought i have would be to have a user-defined kernel level daemon.  I do
not like the direction of this though.
My key assumption is that there is a kernel level of ownership, above system .