[DGD] reassigning objects of an ex admin

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 04:27:11 CEST 2007

  In Phantasmal, the MapD instantiates almost every object you care about.
It's possible to make an admin's own objects, but they're not scripts, rooms,
portables, exits or other standard components of the MUD world.

  The abovementioned components are all instantiated and destroyed by the MapD
at load time or creation time.  You don't need to reassign them.

  It would be possible (but difficult, pretty much requiring finding a security
hole) for an admin to create objects with their own ownership and insert them
into the world's structure, but it would pretty much have to be done as an act
of sabotage.  Besides, as soon as they were written out and reloaded (y'know,
if you do that kind of thing) they'd belong to the MapD again.

  If you don't save-and-reload the traditional way, you can just delete the
admin's account and leave them there and they won't cause problems.