[DGD] Release of kotaka (take 2)

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 20:37:43 CEST 2007

http://necronomicorp.com/~shentino/public/downloads/ulariomud.zip

Important changes from last release:

parser completely gutted, english parser now splits things up into
prep fragments,

currently working on a good way to get ~Common and ~Game to cooperate
during parses.  (alpha section).  Considering adding a raw action bin
that can bypass the parsing mechanism completely.

DumpD is now swap-safe.  Mud will be frozen during dump and objects
will be dumped one at a time.

FreezeD now handles mud-wide stoppage, including RSRCD callout
suspension and ~System::PORTD connection blocking.

New security class: KADMIN().  This will return TRUE if the current
function was invoked from within the Klib by the admin account by
usage of the "code" command.  (see in /include/kotaka/privilege.h)

Both ObjectD and ErrorD can be activated and deactivated at will by
the Klib admin account.

ObjectD now forbids destruction of itself, ProgramD, or CloneD *if
active*.  Freezing the mud through FreezeD is advisable first.

My apologies for taking so long on this release.  My last flash drive
crapped out in a hurry, and a replacement crapped out the first day.

As always, feature requests are welcome.

And it seems that my mudlib has poked yet another hole in DGD's
operational integrity.  I'll be starting my mud up again once Dworkin
releases his next patch :(