[DGD] Question concerning inheritance

Carter Cheng carter_cheng at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 19:37:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

I apologize if this is a bit of a newbie question but is it possible in dgd to constrain whether a certain file inherits another based on whether that file inherits another as well? I.e. if A inherits from B and B inherits from C (etc) is it possible to compute from A that B inherits from C and predicated on this disallow A from inheriting from B?

Basically I am a bit concerned about the order in which the inherits get checked when you have a inheritance chain in the driver object. Will you need to force load B to get the information that B inherits from c?

Regards,

Carter.