[DGD] preserving vars after lib recompile

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Wed Sep 17 23:36:25 CEST 2008

Saw that I made a mistake in my last post:

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 22:52:18 +0200, bart wrote

<snip>

> One thing to keep in mind is that you have to take care of the end
> nodes, which in some cases could be libraries instead of objects,
>  consider this:
>
> C is inherited by B, which was inherited by A, however, A has been destructed.
> This leaves B in memory.
>
> Your upgrade system shouldn't try to compile A in this case, it
> should destruct B (and then compile it if you want to leave things
> exactly as they were)
>
> If you don't do this, an old issue of A will be kept as well until something
> tries to inherit B and cause recompile(B) to be called in the driver
> object, which will destruct B and free the old instance of A.

This should read: an old issue of C will be kept as well until something tries
to inherit B which will cause recompile(B) to be called in the driver object,
which will destruct B and free the old instance of C.
--
Created with Open WebMail at http://www.bartsplace.net/
Read my weblog at http://soapbox.bartsplace.net/