[DGD] DGD & MySQL

chris . psych_mayo at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 19 15:13:24 CEST 2008

> (no economics or politics please, it's
> something better discussed privately).

Sorry:p

Not so sure a competitor to DGD should be mentioned in this context.  Seems to approach a line that shouldnt be crossed, that being promotion of the dgd competition on the dgd forum.

I would focus on making money through a game rather than a server, if for no other reason than that its easier to build a player pool on a mud, than a pool of builders using your mud driver.  I think theres more potential going that route for monetary gain.

I also remember Dworkin being open to a partial license.  There was a 100000$ license, and another one he was considering, something like 100$ monthly, for a small-scale mud.  I don't remember the details, but quintessentially it would allow a small or new mud to generate money with a relatively small player pool.  I am a bit curious about these details now, even though itll easily be more than a year before i am ready to go such a route.  Its been awhile since ive heard dworkin mention about licensing.