[DGD] Pet peeves for users in a MUD

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 10:18:32 CEST 2009

I just joined an absolutely GORGEOUS mud, Lost Wishes.

Unfortunately, for all its beauty, it has a couple of flaws that are major
turn offs for me

1.  Rampant adult content
2.  If I die and turn into a ghost, most of my commands completely fail, and
I can't chat, I can't disconnect, I can't even read the bloody help files!
This gets really annoying, especially when I'm trying to peruse information
that is strictly OOC in nature.

Case 2 is aggravated if I die twice in a row, since in that case "Your God
is not please with your selfish decision to commit suicide and doesn't
permit you to return the world of the living at this time"

Being stuck at a prompt where everything is grayed out and nothing except
quit, pray, and navigation function is a major bummer.

Anyone else have gripes they'd like to share?