[DGD] Pet peeves for users in a MUD

Dread Quixadhal quixadhal at chartermi.net
Mon Apr 6 15:30:22 CEST 2009

Heh, while I don't object to adult content...  I find many places
throw it in just to have it there, much like the movie industry.  The
problem isn't the adult content, it's the bad writing and lack of
purpose for the elements that are present.

As for death... that's either an oversight on their part, or possibly
a stupid decision.  You should ALWAYS be able to quit, no matter what.
 That's simply rule #1, because they can't stop you from dropping your
link, so providing a command that always lets you disconnect in a
controlled manner is vital.

My own mud uses rent, and so quitting out in the middle of nowhere
will penalize you by dropping your equipment -- but you can still do
it.

In my opinion, you should be able to do anything OOC regardless of
your character state (excepting being frozen/silenced by an admin).