[DGD] time travel

Troy Fisher tfcoug at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 24 21:57:46 CET 2009

You know this is an interesting subject. The technical details will bog you down forever.  But why don't you take a page out of a successful time travelling game?  Prince of Persia? Have time travel be able to only rewind you 5 to 10 minutes? It would be a useful combat skill to have and train up.

On the other hand you could take a page out of Quantum Leap. Where the quests are time travelling and give you a bonus. For instance you are in a combat with a dragon, and you initiate a 'leap' back into the timeline of either you or the dragon. If you leap back into the drqagon's timeline, you have the chance to pre-wound the dragon. You know something like cutting it's wings or disabling it's breath weapon. Or if you were leaping back into your own timeline you would enable a quest that would power you up against that dragon.

I think a concept like that is a lot easier to build and a lot easier to play.