[DGD] networking/beginner comments

Blake Arnold BArnold at cartonservice.com
Sat Jul 25 04:55:46 CEST 2009

Firstly, thank you for your reply's. I'm a bit fuzzy on what is implied by an outgoing connection.
Does this mean explicitly declaring a connection to a remote destination? Or is this any kind of output that is not being output back to its source?

Keep in mind I am trying to convey general concepts and trying not to get to into many specific's. And I do realize that my basic understanding of the inner workings of DGD are very possibly flawed, hence I am writing this topic.

As a simple example let's say serverA received input, at some point along the processing chain the destination for the output is determined (two possible choices for outputting should exist, which I mention in the following paragraph) however instead of the destination being the source of the input, it is determined that another server (serverB) that accepts incoming data should be the destination. You could then start the process over again starting from serverB.

These two possible choices for determining destinations are: A. Send the output further down the server-server chain. B. Send the output reverse back up the chain.
There also could exist any number of possible choices here. I see these two as being fundamentally important to the overall goal.

Here are some more specific observations I have:
1. DGD server accepts incoming connections
2. There is a process for validating an incoming connection
3. There exists a means for processing input from a connection
4. Lastly there is a means of outputting back to a connection

Essentially this connection is already in use except for the fact that it is single layer. Meaning user input goes to the server which then outputs the information directly back to the user.

A practical example for the use of such protocol would be for distributed computing. I could go on for some time listing the possible uses for this, my goal would be only to develop the underlying foundation so that it can be molded to fit any application, instead of developing around the application.