[DGD] Gurbalib resurrection, followup

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Sat Mar 14 14:50:43 CET 2009

Some numbers and a look into the very near future for those interested.

Since the announcement, there have been 18 unique downloads, 10 of which have
in one way or another confirmed succesful installation, also resulting in a
number of bug reports (thanks for those, keep them comming)

It got a number of 'new' people to look at DGD, 2 of which also contributed to
the lib already, this is really nice because this was part of the purpose of
this little project.

The dgd channel on intermud 3 is now one of the more busy channels, with a
relatively good signal to noise ratio. This is a very welcome change, and
seeing people cooperate on this instead of everyone doing their own thing is
just amazing for someone who comes from the world of ancient, isolated lpmuds :)

As a result, there will be an updated release either by the end of this
weekend, or early next week that will contain quite a few fixes and
enhancements such as:

- parser update to make fake objects/room items work, also solves a number of
related parser bugs.
- more robust eventd
- proper guarding against infinite recursion and loops
- wandering npcs

All in all I am very pleased with the responses and progress so far, thanks
for making this a very nice experience.

Bart.

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:15:22 +0100, bart wrote
> Hello all,
>
> Chris, Cerihan and me have been working on a rerelease of Gurbalib
> and are proud to announce the availability of Gurbalib 0.41
<snip>
--
Created with Open WebMail at http://www.bartsplace.net/
Read my weblog at http://soapbox.bartsplace.net/