[DGD] Gurbalib r223 warmboot failure

Brian Gernhardt benji at silverinsanity.com
Tue May 12 17:07:05 CEST 2009

I apologize if there's a better place to ask this, but I'm having
problems with Gurbalib.  I just tried to upgrade from r220 to r225.  I
noticed the message on r223 about going via r222 first.  Warmbooting
into r222 worked fine, but then after updating the files to r225, I
get the following error:

 > warmboot
Performing warm boot.
Recompiling the warmboot command..
Atomically recompiling the driver, auto and compiler objects...
Rebuilding remaining objects.
Something went wrong, aborting.

Checking /logs/driver.log, I find:

Could not compile "/std/user.c"
Object: /kernel/sys/driver, program: /kernel/sys/driver, line 157
   21 _F_call_out       /kernel/lib/auto (/kernel/cmds/admin/warmboot)
   13 _F_call_out2      /kernel/lib/auto (/kernel/cmds/admin/warmboot)
  118 next_stage        /kernel/cmds/admin/warmboot
   95 rebuild_world     /kernel/cmds/admin/warmboot
   54 upgrade_uobj      /kernel/cmds/admin/warmboot
   40 compile_library   /kernel/lib/auto (/kernel/cmds/admin/warmboot)
  157 compile_object    /kernel/sys/driver

It looks like there's still at least one /std/user object hanging
around, but r223 removed lib/std/user.c and so the world recompile
fails.  Any advice?

~~ Benabik at Heritage