[DGD] light-weight object creation, and virtual objects

Tyler Littlefield tyler at tysdomain.com
Wed Apr 14 00:40:12 CEST 2010

Hello all,
I was working on a skill system, and was told to use a light-weight object setup in order to confine the overhead of each object. I started doing a bit of searching and found lots of 404s, before I came across the changelog and seen that the function new_object will create one. It says that if the master is a light-weight object, the descendant will be, as well. So, this brings up the question: IN the master object, what would mark  it as a light-weight object?

Last, I was told I could make a sort of "virtual object," by catching compile_object, could someone explain this? I was trying to set up a way to create virtual rooms, and thought this might be of assistance.

		Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
	http://tds-solutions.net
	Twitter: sorressean