[DGD] light-weight object creation, and virtual objects

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 06:58:00 CEST 2010

  If you make it with new_object rather than clone, it'll be a lightweight object.

  If you catch compile_object you can make a "virtual object" in the sense that you can alter the code before it gets compiled.  You could also create objects with filenames that aren't there (say, create all "mymap_XXX"-type objects in some algorithmic way for all XXX that are numbers), again by returning code from some other file (mymap.c, perhaps?) modified in some way by number.  There are many other ways to make "virtual rooms" for some meaning of that phrase, but that's one.