[DGD] The future of DGD

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Wed Feb 3 22:47:52 CET 2010

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 13:15:41 -0800, Shentino wrote
> I don't know if my commentary about svn is itself inappropriate or
> not, but I didn't actually find out about the usage of svn until the
> OSR was moved to sourceforge.  To be honest it's more of an opinion.

And I was just teasing a bit, don't take it serious, sorry if that wasn't clear :)

But for the record, on code.google.com it was also svn, and you definitely
have a valid point about subversion not being all that good with branch
merging compared to some more recent alternatives. That said, I do a fair bit
of such merging, and upstream/downstream merging between repositories, and
while somewhat involved at times, its quite possible to do.

At this moment, my take on this as project master (or whatever sourceforge
calls it) is that whatever is convenient for Felix and managable for me is a
good choice.

Bart.