[DGD] The future of DGD

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 23:56:00 CET 2010

 I figured that this early stage would be the best opportunity to resolve
anything that needed resolving.

Speaking in general, and not just about DGD-OSR...

 My commentary on merging is theoretical only.  I've never actually done
much actual merging in any VCS but rumors are strong that they are a major
league hassle in subversion.

One other thing I'd like to mention is that DVCSs like git, hg, and bzr tend
to be useful in allowing you to do work offline and sandboxed.  Network
traffic (and per-commit latency) gets pared down quite a bit, and if one
should be so unfortunate as to have access problems, or outages, or what
have you, work doesn't completely grind to a halt.  This can be quite useful
if you're mobile or otherwise unable to count on solid internet access.