[DGD] AGPL and mudlibs under DGD 1.4

Petter Nyström jimorie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 23:50:05 CET 2010

Hello list!

In the light of recent events, I would like to ask what DGD's new
license will entail for a MUD running under it, if anything.

Reading up on GNU AGPL I understand that modifications to DGD 1.4 must
be made available to all users of the server running the modified
code. My immediate question then becomes whether it can be argued that
the mudlib of a MUD running DGD 1.4 falls under this clause?

I would consider the mudlib a separate work, and not a continuation of
DGD 1.4, and thus answer the question with a no, but seeing as how I
have no knowledge of licensing I would like a second opinion.

It should be said I intend to upgrade to DGD 1.4 in either case, I
just would like to have this and if there are other issues clarified.

Thanks to Dworkin for taking DGD open source. This feels big.

Regards,

Jimorie