[DGD] DGD-OSR project

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Sat Feb 6 21:59:34 CET 2010

Some more information and ideas about the dgd open source project.

First something about the structure of the repository:

  DGD-OSR consists of a 'trunk' which is the source from which
  future releases will be made. This trunk will incorporate fixes
  and enhancements from various maintenance and development branches.

  Among DGD's key features are its very small memory footprint, speed
  and stability, and in order to guarantee those, the approach
  for adding new features to the trunk will be very conservative.

  Besides the trunk, there is the baseline maintenance branch. This branch
  will be used by Dworkin to commit fixes and maintain compatibility between
  DGD-OSR and DGDMP.

  New branches will be added for the purpose of developing extensions and
  other improvements. The policy for creating such branches will be quite
  liberal.

  One such branch has been added to facilitate the development of a closures
  extension.

  Each branch will be seen as a subproject, and the main developer of a
  branch will also be responsible for maintaining it.

Contributing:

  There are various ways in which people can contribute.

  - submit patches

    Use the support page at https://sourceforge.net/projects/dgd-osr/support

  - submit bug reports, if possible through the mailinglist. If you believe
    you have a security related bug that should be discussed discretely,
    contact the project admin, or contact me directly.

  - become a project member

    If you want to help maintaining the project, or want to develop an
    extension or improvement, please contact the project admin through
    sourceforge. Be sure to describe why you want to join the project.

    People we are looking for right now:
    - webmaster
      To maintain the project website and a project wiki

    - someone willing to extend DGD's documentation
      In order to help people get started on 'hacking dgd', we need more
      documentation about the internals of dgd.

Support

  Dworkin suggests that everything DGD is welcome on this mailinglist, and
  I'd like to continue using it for supporting the open source release.

Thats it for now, more to follow soon.

Bart.

--
Created with Open WebMail at http://www.bartsplace.net/