[DGD] DGD-OSR project

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Sat Feb 6 22:31:55 CET 2010

bart at wotf.org wrote:

>[...]
>   Besides the trunk, there is the baseline maintenance branch. This branch
>   will be used by Dworkin to commit fixes and maintain compatibility between
>   DGD-OSR and DGDMP.

To add to this, the way I hope how things will work out, the baseline
branch will be unique in that it will only include my maintenance
patches, and it will never re-fork from the trunk or incorporate
changes that are accepted for the trunk.  It will continue to follow
my original minimalist vision for DGD.

The baseline branch does not primarily exist to run a mud on, but to
present a compatibility target that the trunk and the other branches
should attempt to follow as closely as they can.  This of course is
just my view; I can't make you adhere to it.

For my part, I am willing to make changes to the baseline branch (and
DGDMP) to preserve compatibility, even if I do not incorporate an
actual feature from the trunk or a different branch.

Regards,
Felix Croes